Ashner Construction is proud to have won a Best in American Living Award in 2019 for a special detail with this home as our entry. It was also one of seven homes featured on the Home Builders Association of Greater Kansas City’s first-ever Artisan Home tour in June of 2018. This home is truly artisanal and displays impeccable craftsmanship, one-of-a-kind materials, and the most up to date construction practices. Situated on a 20-acre horse property, the home takes you away from the city and into an ideal version of country life. From the moment you see the reclaimed barn wood cladding on the outside of this home along with the artist-designed light fixtures, you can feel it’s something truly extraordinary.
Ashner Construction Company’s Unique and Impeccable Artisan Home
Custom-designed home by Ashner construction company. A truly artisan home is defined by the details–and this home is overflowing with details. For instance, the staircase spindles are metal castings made from branches collected on the home site. Take a close look at the stairs to see the turquoise embedded in some of the live oak treads. The stone walls aren’t just random rocks—one can find fossils scattered throughout the home. Enter the exercise room through the on-trend barn doors and take note that these are authentic barn doors salvaged from Benjamin Ranch.
What would a celebration of the natural world be without a stunning outdoor area? This home answers that question with an exterior that offers exceptional luxury. A scattering of seating areas allows the homeowner and guests to enjoy views from sunrise to sunset with all the amenities necessary for outdoor entertaining.
What would a celebration of the natural world be without a stunning outdoor area? This home answers that question with an exterior that offers exceptional luxury. A scattering of seating areas allows the homeowner and guests to enjoy views from sunrise to sunset. This beautiful home also includes all the amenities necessary for all your outdoor entertaining.
This is a house with a personality that welcomes you in and offers an invitation to linger in the comfort of a perfectly designed home that creates a lifestyle.
Features of The Ashner Artisan Home
- 5 Bedrooms, 5 full baths, 2 half baths
- Master bedroom with private lanai and outdoor shower
- The Lighting fixtures and decorative elements salvaged from Kansas City landmarks, such as The Stockyards, Benjamin Ranch, RS (Robert Sutherland) Bar Ranch, Sheplers, and Yahooz
- Handmade copper range hood
- Vaulted, timbered ceiling using latillas and vigas from New Mexico in the dining room
- Unique sensory experience upon arrival created by a fire feature, a water feature, flagstone, washed aggregate paving and Hand-made art glass with LED lighting in the master shower
- Custom metal “Frederic Remington” railing
- Unique log wall in the lower level media room
- Reclaimed logs and timbers throughout
- Custom display room for owners’ collections
- 100-year-old barn wood accents